Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fundraising

Originally, I was reluctant to raise funds for a charity. I had always done some sort of fundraising for each major athletic event in my life - mostly for Autism Speaks. "Now is my time to be selfish," I thought. Well, I finally gave way. I couldn't deny what an incredible opportunity this will be for me to raise both funds and awareness of a deserving charity. I did my research and landed on THIS PAGE. I was in awe. This organization (The Breast Cancer Research Foundation) contributes 91.1% of its total revenue to programs - and only 2.9% to administration expenses! These days, finding a charitable organization that is so fiscally responsible is like a breathe of fresh air. After contacting the foundation, I set up a donation page with Crowdrise.com - this way I know that 100% of all the donations go to the BCRF. The BCRF will be sending me pamphlets and pink ribbons to pass out along the way, but since you're already here reading this, why not navigate a little north and click on "Donate to The Cancer Research Foundation." That link will direct you to Crowdrise where you will be able to make a donation.

Thanks in advance!

I've copy & pasted the BCRF mission statement below for you convenience.

"The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF), founded in 1993 by the late Evelyn H. Lauder, works to achieve prevention and a cure for breast cancer in our lifetime by providing critical funding for innovative clinical and translational research at leading medical centers worldwide, and increasing public awareness about good breast health. Since its inception, the Foundation has raised over $440 million to support research at medical institutions across the globe conducting the most advanced and promising breast cancer research that will help lead to prevention and a cure."

No comments:

Post a Comment