Friday, November 15, 2013

Day 89 - Mimbres, NM to Silver City, NM

It was a cold morning when I rolled out of the tent. We had decided the night before to continue straight to Silver City instead of travelling up north to the Gila Cliff Dwellings. It would have been pretty far out of the way and we didnt really feel that the trip was worth it.

I noticed I wasn't getting much water out of my bottle while I was brushing my teeth. I opened it up to find the cause.


Aside from the cold, the skies were clear!



It was a short ride to Silver City - only about 25 miles or so.



On the way there, we passed by the Santa Rita Pit Mine and learned a bit about the history behind the towns we were passing through.




We spent the majority of the day at the library and walking around town.



We found a fire department that let us set up our camp next to their station. They also gave us the first showers we've had in 7 days. It was marvelous.

Total mileage: 25

No comments:

Post a Comment