Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 17

Today was a short, but wonderful day. I stated it off my waking up at 6 and snapping a few shots of the sunrise over the Atlantic, while standing on the beach.


It was magnificent.







I can cross this one off my bucket list.



Back on the road, I found myself back on the highways. What a joy they can be. At least I had my speakers!



I was able to get some shots of my shadow riding ahead of me. Apparently this is what people do.



When I got off the highway, I really enjoyed the scenery.


And happened upon these trash cans. I stopped and looked them up on my phone. Somehow, using these cans helps to benefit breast cancer research. I'm not sure how, and can't remember what they were called, but I loved the idea!



I soon rolled into Wilmington. This town had a lot of character. I really enjoyed it. Is that Spanish Moss?




This was called Shipyard Rd. I wonder why...



I passed by a brick fence along one of the side roads. I wasn't sure what it lead to, but I enjoyed the cat on the top of the iron fence. Can you see it?



Here is some more scenery as I got closer to my destination.



And some more.



Finally, my destination!



My beach shack for the next couple days. Life could be worse!



I did this for about 9 hours after getting there. I alternated reading, drinking and napping. I was living the dream.

Cheers!



Total mileage for the day: 55.

Off to no where tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment