Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day 3

Today started off so well! I tried something new for the day: sit upright, take my time and enjoy the ride. It worked wonderfully - for the first 35 miles. I was as happy as a clown. I found myself yelling "free miles" each time i coasted down a hill. I was really enjoying the ride. I was even taking more pictures - something i've been trying to remember to do.




The the hills happened. Oh god were there hills. To make matters worse, I wondered off course. After I reached the end of what I considered at the time to be the most grueling 7 miles I had ever ridden, I realized that I was far off course - exactly 7 miles.I wanted to just lay down on the side of the road and sleep. I was so bummed. But I eventually found myself back on course and even at a nice gas station that had the best chocolate milk I had ever tasted in my life.


$1.20. This stuff was amazing. This helped to brighten me up a little. But you know what really put a smile on my face? Seeing my first buggy!


I landed in Amish country. It was beautiful. Where do these buggies come from anyway? Is there a buggy dealership that you can purchase them at?

Anyway, After hours and hours of riding, I finally got close to my destination. I happened upon some home-made root beer being sold on the side of the road and helped myself to 12 oz of it. I had to keep myself from bonking. After meandering through some streets and 76 miles, I found my destination - David and Lindsay's house. I was so excited to see them. After a nice shower, they took me out to dinner and then to a baseball game. Their team won the title for the second year in a row, after two nail biting games. It was so exciting!


Afterwards we headed back to their house, hung out a little bit and then I went to bed. I slept like I've never slept before. It was great. Thank you so much, David and Lindsay. I loved hanging out with you for the night!

Now off to Day 4: Garretsville, MD. Maybe the hilliest day of my entire journey. this should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Are you out in PA? Amish people are everywhere out there!

    ReplyDelete