Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 6

This has been a long time coming...from 8/17/13...

woke up bright and early today. I had to don't you know? It was my day off! I wanted to make the most of it! After chatting with Cathie for a good amount of time , her daughter, Amanda, brought me over to the Metro station. From there, I got on a train and went right to Metro Central, in the heart of downtown DC. Right away, I saw some pretty cool stuff.


Even the bank fit right in. 


The Department of the Treasury. 


Some statue. 


The White House!


And finally, a picture with me in it!


The Jackson Statue. 


More White House. 


I think this was the General Rochambeau Statue. Not sure, though. 


The Eisenhower Executive Office Building. 


I'm not sure what this was. It looked nice, though. 


This was the Red Cross, obviously. 


And this was the building for the Daughters of the American Revolution. 


Thus was is the Second Infantry Division WWI Memorial. 


The White House from a distance. 


This used to be a Gate Keepers shed. 


The Constitution Gardens Pond is so pretty!


Oh wait...


Here is the WWII Memorial. 


The Reflecting Pool. 


The Lincoln Memorial. 


The Washington Monument.  


The Vietnam Veterans Memorial. 


The Korean War Veterans Memorial. 


The DC War Memorial. 


The Thomas Jefferson Memorial from afar. 


More of the Washington Monument. 


This was one of the museums. 


The Smithsonian Visitors Center. 


Something strange. 


The Air and Space Museum. 


This is an art museum, maybe?


I'm not sure. 



The National Museum of the American Indian. 


The US Capital. 


More stuff. 


The National Museum of Natural History. 


The Smithsonian, again. 


Can't remember -  what does it sat on the front?


The FBI building. 


Check out these chops! I stopped by Madame Tussaud's. it was lonely by myself...and very creepy. There was actually a figure of a girl taking a picture at the end. I must have waited about 5 minutes for her to take it before I realized what was going on. There were also I few little girls that thought I was a statue, while I was reading something. I scared the crap out of them. It was great. 


The Metro. 


Amanda and Cathie picked me up and took me out to dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant. It was great! But I was stuffed from a meal I had just a couple of hours before. After, there was an amazing reggae band playing downtown that we checked out. We tried to sit in some chairs but got kicked out because they were for nursing facility residents. Oops. So, we just stood and grooved to the music. What an amazing way to end the day!


Thank you so much Bob, Cathie and Amanda. I had a great time with all of you.

Total mileage: 0. 

No comments:

Post a Comment