Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day 2

Day 2 started off with a bang. Flat tire within 10 minutes. 



Luckily it was an easy fix. Looked like it was going to pour for a while but I only got a few drops. Heading south from New Hope was amazing. The houses and the landscape were beautiful. 


If I ever move back to the east, this is where that will be. Once I got into Conshohocken (?) I stopped at an REI and had a great time chatting with an employee named Drew. After I got a GPS from him, I was on my way again. At this point I was tired. Oh so tired. The weight was really getting to me. So much weight! I even ran into someone who had done some touring and with one look at my bike, he said "You've got too much wait!" To which I replied, "You're telling me!" After a grueling 15 mile ride down a bike path, I found my way to George & Barbara's house. Barbara gave me a big glass of ice tea to welcome me and sent my stinky butt to the shower. We talked and talked and had a genuinely good time sharing memories. After George got home, they took me out to dinner and I got the biggest burger on the menu. Apart from the beautiful scenery, spending time with George and Barbara was definitely the highlight of my day. When we got back to their house, they helped me clean out my bags and get rid of all the unnecessary weight. 15 lbs I think. This was very, very exciting for me. I'll be shipping all that stuff to my grandma and grandpa tomorrow. Today was exactly how I hope the rest of my trip goes: easy-fix problems, beautiful weather, and getting acquainted with some amazing people.

George and Barbara, I can't say thank you enough.

So, all in all, GREAT day! 63.75 miles and some wonderful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment