Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 27

The Days Inn had an all you can eat breakfast buffet from 6 to 9, so I got up at 7 and stuffed my face for the next two hours. I then spent a few hours updating pieces of this blog that I had left out. At around 11:45 I finally left the hotel. I travelled a whopping 2.5 miles to get to my next destination: B & J's Steak and Seafood. They had an all you can eat lunch buffet for $8. I fixed myself a ate full of flounder, chicken, potatoes and slaw. 


The best part of the buffet was the peach pie. Oh damn was it delicious! I finally continued on my way south along the scenic Georgian coast. 


I came across the remnants of an old plantation. 


And a nice big bridge to bike over. I honestly don't think I have ever been on a bridge so long. Between the head wind and the steep grade, it felt like hours before I peaked it. 


Here is a little view from the bridge. 


I made my way into Woodbine, my destination for the day. I had no idea it was famous. 


Ummm....


It took me a while before entering the town to finally get to where I was staying. I had been in contact with someone from warmshowers and was excited to find my way into a cool house for the rest of the night. Turns out, it was a campground, charging $10 for tent camping. Wish I had know, I would have just stayed at a church. At least they have a TV in the lounge. 

Off to St. Augustine tomorrow to finish the eastern leg!

Total mileage: 59

No comments:

Post a Comment