Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day 44 - New Orleans, LA to Baton Rouge, LA

After saying goodbye to everyone in the morning, I pedaled my way to the bike path along the Mississippi. I was eager to make my way to Baton Rouge to see my good friend Stephen. 



The scenery was nice, as ice as you would expect the Mississippi river to look!



There were, if not anything else, huge boats. HUGE!



I mean, check this thing out!



Todd's Cream Shack.



I hit the highway and and began pounding the miles. What you see here is sugar cane. A lot of it. Funny, it doesn't smell sweet.



This is what it looked like most of the way. Exciting right?



I found myself at at Stephen's at around 5:30. He was outside, greeting me with a big smile. After chatting for a while, we met with Stephen's friend to grab some dinner. It was absolutely great spending time with Stephen. I hadn't seen him in a couple of years and we had a lot of catching up to do!

Taking a day to spend with Stephen tomorrow!


Total mileage: 90

No comments:

Post a Comment