Friday, September 13, 2013

Day 33 - Monticello, FL to Tallahassee, FL

I took my time in the morning. I knew I only had ~30 miles to do for the day. I had some pizza for breakfast and got a nice care package of extra stuff from my bags together to send to my mom. I also had postcards from Savannah to send off! I took the farm truck down to town (saw my first black widow spider on the truck. Yuck). When I returned, I got my stuff together, had some lunch and pressed on.

The ride was beautiful, as always.


I was stuck on a single long, straight road for most of the ride. I shouldn't complain though, the ride was great. A lot of rolling hills!



I happened upon the Tallahassee Automobile Museum. I resisted the urge to move on and stopped in to make my short day a memorable one.

There were so many beautiful cars!



Even Abraham Lincoln's Hearse!



A lot of these cars looked like they rolled right off the assembly line.



Florida State Highway Patrol.



A real Tucker!



The amount of Batman stuff they had was really amusing.



Even a fairly large collection of antique outboard motors.



The yellow and blue 1953 Model 62 Cadillacs were my favorite.



I didn't stay too long. I eventually found my way to Gene and Rachel's apartment where I was staying for the night. I chatted with Rachel for a while before Gene got home from school. He made Pasta with Chili for dinner which was great! I retired early that night, excited to start a new day.

Off to Panama City Beach tomorrow!


Total mileage: 27

No comments:

Post a Comment