Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day 43 - New Orleans, LA

No pictures from today, but a lot of great memories!

I started off the day by waling up early and going for a run to the Quarter. I really wanted a frozen Irish coffee, and this seemed like the best way to get one so early in the morning. I ran down Orleans, which was interesting, and soon enough found myself at Molly's on the Market. I got my coffee and took a stroll around the neighborhood in my short shorts and bright yellow shirt. After lollygagging around town, I picked up my feet and started running back to the house. I took a more scenic route this time, and got to see a lot of wonderful houses and interesting neighborhoods.

When I got back, I showered and threw on my fleur de lis shirt to get ready for the game. People take their Saints very seriously down here. I cracked open my first beer at around 11:30 and began introducing myself to all the members of the party as they started arriving. Lynette walked over around 12:30 and mentioned that there were a few 26 year old girls over her house. I can't ever remember jumping out of a chair that fast. I was having a great time with everyone at Leigh and Jeanne's house, but it's been so long since I interacted with people my age. I walked back with her and hung out with the ladies for a while. I introduced them to black bean brownies that Jeanne had made - none of them liked them. I, for one, loved them.

They had to leave for a photo shoot and I headed back over to the house to finish watching football. What a glorious finish it was - the Saints kicked some serious but and everyone was thrilled.

After the game was finished, Laurel and Meredith invited me to join them in the quarter for a drink, or 5. We started at Lefeet's (or something like that). It's the oldest bar in the south (or something like that). They served some entirely nasty frozen purple drank. I had a beer. We wandered around town, stopping at many bars and trying different things. I made sure that we made a pit stop at Patty O's for a hurricane. Laurel had to return home to do some laundry so Meredith continued my private tour of the area. We eventually finished our night at Laurel's apartment, where she had a rooftop view of the city. It was great. I got to have a real night out in New Orleans and finish it with laying on lounge chairs on top of a roof.

Meredith gave me a ride home and I got myself ready for hitting the road in the morning.

Total mileage: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment