Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Day 38 - Santa Rosa Beach, FL to Pensacola, FL





I was very reluctant to leave Duncan's house. I spent a good part of the morning playing with the dog by the pool. I slowly but surely packed my bags and cleaned up the messes I had made. After making myself some lunch, I left at around 11:15. I was very sad to go.
 

 
While riding down the Route 98, I came upon this establishment. I thought it said Fudgepackers and was so tickled by the funny name that I went inside and purchased something with the name on it. It wasn't until after I made my purchase that I realized it said Fudpucker's. What a let down.
 


This was the view from most of my ride. I was forced onto a lot of sidewalks because bike lanes would end and frank;y, people in Florida suck at driving. I didn't want to risk my life just to get to Pensacola.



I found this interesting sculpture right before pedaling over a huge bridge.



Here is the bridge. It was so long that there was a sign suggesting drivers get gas before entering the bridge.



This is Pensacola. It's beautiful. Wonderful houses and nice people. I stumbled upon a 5k run while entering the town. I had to resist the urge to jump off my bike and join the ranks of beautiful women running in the opposite direction.



I really enjoyed this apartment, so I took a picture of it.



I found the place where I was to stay for the night: the shady backyard of a cycle tourist who was not in town. The area was, I admit, not the best. Luckily, there was a restaurant right next door. I had a fried mullet po boy - something these southerners apparently love. I also had a piece of pumpkin praline cheesecake. It was delicious.

After sorting out my route for the rest of the week, I retired into my tent for the night.

Total mileage: 67

No comments:

Post a Comment