Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day 37 - Santa Rosa Beach, FL






We started off the day by meeting Robert, Michelle and Michael for breakfast at the doughnut hole. I got these three wonderful doughnuts you see here.
 
 
Duncan got this and immediately passed it to me.
 


I was unable to finish my meal for the first time in a while.

Duncan went off to work so I got a ride back to the house. I stayed out at the pool for a while with Emma, letting her swim to her heart's content. I think she is part otter. It was nice to spend so much time relaxing.



Not wanting to miss out on the beauty of the Gulf for the day, I took Blue Thunder down to the beach and laid out my towel. The flags indicated that there were dangerous currents and even more dangerous sea life in the water, so I didn't go farther in than waist deep.



The beautiful thing about the Gulf is how clear the water is. The sand is also very white, as you can see here compared to the white binding on my book.



After about 2 hours on the beach, I made my way back to the house and had a little food. I spent some more time at the pool and relaxed my body as much as I could because this would be my last day of rest - at least until I reached New Orleans.

Later that night, Duncan and I picked up Neena to go out to dinner. We went to a very nice Italian restaurant and afterwards went to see a movie. We saw The Family. It wasn't a very good movie. While waiting to be sat at the restaurant, I noticed the reading glasses they had lined up for their customers. I got a chuckle out of it. There are a lot of old people in Florida.



We retired around 10:30 for the night. I was not happy to be going to bed. I had such a wonderful time in Santa Rosa Beach and really did not want to leave, but I had big plans and needed to stick to my schedule!

Total mileage: 0

1 comment:

  1. LG Networks supplies budget-friendly Computer Help as well as Been able THIS Services with regard to businesses through Dallas, Garland as well as Plano area.IT OutsourcingIT Outsourcing Dallas

    ReplyDelete