Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day 42 - New Orleans, LA

I spent my morning in the French Quarter - walking around and taking pictures. Unfortunately, the weather was not cooperating.


There were a ton of beautiful sight and a lot of drunk people. 10:30 in the morning seemed like a reasonable time to start boozing for plenty of people.



I really enjoyed all the architecture around the neighborhood. The amount of wrought iron fencing was also pretty amazing.



This is what a lot of the streets look like.



I wandered into a produce market, where there was a band walking around and playing some old marching band tunes.



Check out this street! Beautiful!



This was some courtyard. I can't remember the name, but it was old.



Some more lovely architecture.



Here is a cafe set back from the road with a beautiful garden.



This is an at gallery of some famous children's book illustrator.



I can't remember his name, but I loved the art!



Canal St.: The widest street in North America.





Bourbon St.



I finally got fed up with watching other people get drunk and have fun with their friends. It made me feel slightly lonely, walking around the streets by myself.

When I returned to the house, Jeanne treated me to a fried shrimp po-boy. It was from a place called Parkway (?) the most famous of all po-boy delis. It was pretty tasty, though I couldn't understand the difference between and sandwich with something fried on it and a po-boy.



When I finished, I joined Lynette, Susan and Hilda for a night out at Siberia. We saw the same guy as the night before, but it was only Paul and a dude named Alex. Alex sounded just like Michael McDonald, which I found very entertaining. The only difference was that Alex was much more vulgar. They played a few tunes from movies and it was a great night. I got back to the house around 9:00 and made bedtime pretty early.

Total mileage: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment