Friday, September 27, 2013

Day 45 - Baton Rouge, LA

Stephen and I went to a nature preserve early in the morning before he had to head to work. We wandered around a swamp and caught a glimpse of a great egret and this gigantic guy. 


The variety in life there was simply amazing. So many different types of plants. We didn't see a whole lot of things with heartbeats: a snake, some birds and bugs (though they don't have heartbeats). It was a very pleasant walk through a natural area. The main road was not far from where we were walking, yet you would not be able to tell.

When we returned back to the house, Stephen got changed and we left to drop him off at work. We were dropping him off so that I could use his car to have lunch with him later in the day. After leaving Stephen at MJ's Cafe, I found myself plopped on the couch, watching Bones. I love that show. I had intended to use the day to update this incredible out of date blog, but that wasn't going to happen. Time flew by and I had to pack myself up soon enough to meet Stephen for lunch. At MJ's, I had an amazing black bean and corn salad, as well as a fresh spicy shrimp melt. Yummy. I left Stephen there for a while while I went back to the house to finish my Bones marathon. After I picked him up later in the day, we stopped for some gelato. I got mint chip - duh. At the we decided that we were going to go to Chimes for dinner. Chimes is a local restaurant in Baton Rouge that serves as many beers there are countries that I can name off the top off my head. That's only about 20, but that's still a lot of different beer! I had blackened gator, craw fish etouffee, red beans, rice and sausage, and a half of a hush puppy. It was all so great! I wish I could say the same about our server.

Stephen and I finished off the night by watching Zoolander - a classic!

No miles or words written today. I'm pretty good at putting things off. I still have postcards from 2 weeks ago to send.

Total mileage: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment