Friday, October 4, 2013

Day 51 - DeRidder, LA to Silsbee, TX

It was still pouring when I woke up, so I waited until 11:00 to leave for the day to avoid the brunt of the storm.

The ride right out of DeRidder was beautiful. 


There was a lot of beautiful farm land all around me.



A bunch of plants that I had no clue of what they were.



And some cool signs indicating I was on the scenic route.



I crossed into Texas midway through the day. I wasn't able to get a lot of pictures because of the nasty weather.



I enjoyed this welcoming sign a bunch more than the first one.



I could tell I was coming up on some good things. Like rain.



I had to hide under a church for a little bit to avoid another flash flood and lightning. Soon enough, though, the rain passed and I found myself chasing down some blue sky.



I liked the look of this much better than a couple hours before.



Yes, I much rather have blue sky over my head.



I wondered into a camp ground where they charged me a small fee to set up my tent wherever I wanted. While getting set up, I met a couple who have been travelling the country since 2008 by horseback. They even had western attire to play the part. They had some pretty amazing stories. It was clear that we all thought we were living the dream. After I had dinner, they invited me in for some coffee and conversation before bed.


Total mileage: 75

No comments:

Post a Comment