Monday, October 14, 2013

Day 58 - Wimberley, TX

I was given the opportunity to hang around Wimberley for the day and see what it had to offer me. EJ let me use his truck to take into town, as he was excited to ride his motorcycle for the first time to work. I arrived in "the square" at around 10:00 and made my way to "Sip!", a cafe recommended by EJ. I grabbed myself a pumpkin latte and sat outside to fill out some post cards that I had been meaning to send out for the last month. I was delightfully int erupted by a Great Pyrenees puppy while I was quickly scribbling some mumbo-jumbo on the cards. This dog was so darn cute. After pulling myself away from the dog and finishing the cards, I lingered around town for a while to see what it had to offer. There were many cool shops and even a place that sold pie. Unfortunately most of these places are closed on Mondays. Being Monday, that didn't mean well for me.


I still snapped a few nice pictures of fall decorations. Speaking of, if anyone wants to buy me a Halloween costume to ride around in on Halloween, you can donate the money through the beer fund. Thanks in advance.



I stopped for a light linch at this place call Inoz - or something like that. I had my first local Texas beer and enjoyed a nice taco salad. The best part about the meal was to view of the river/creek running through the town.



I made my way back to the house in the late afternoon and relaxed for a while. When Melissa got home, she offered to take me out to a small peak they have in town which is a local secret. I was given a dressed Corona as a road beer (you can apparently do that in Texas) and we set out on a short drive to the base of the hill. I had forgotten to mention that Wimberely has a bad deer problem. So bad, I nearly hit one on my bicycle. How can you make a deer problem worse? Feed them. Who does this?!?!



There were stairs climbing all the way up to the summit. I wish I could remember what this dirt pile was called - but I can'y. Here is an action shot of Melissa getting excited to climb the 300 (right?) stairs up to the top.



The view from the top was quite nice. What you see here may be the high school. It also may not. I've delayed writing this blog for so long I'm surprised I remember any of this.



Though the peak was not actually very high, the views were still quite nice.



There was even some cool cactus growing about.



I was enjoying the view quite a bit. We decided to linger around and wait for the sun to set.



And what a sunset it was.  Enjoy the time lapse here as it falls below the horizon.





This one here is a panoramic. Fancy, huh?



After it dropped below out sight, we made our way back to the car and back to the house where dinner was waiting for us. They introduced me to Sleepy Hollow, the show and we relaxed and at pie before parting ways for bed.

Total mileage: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment