Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 73 - Big Bend National Park

Though I was feeling absolutely awful, Brian and I decided to do a hike today. There isn't much to say about the hike - we walked and saw amazing things - so I'll let you enjoy the pictures and comment when I feel necessary.



"The Window"



Nice depiction.



A view of Mexico from The Window.




How does that taste?










After stumbling through the dry desert, we descended onto a stream and a piece of the Northeast, cut out and put here just for us.






We actually got to see some fall foliage!







































When we got back to camp, we met Katie and Sophia, who were also biking across the country. They were heading from San Francisco to St. Augustine and had set their camp up near ours. They thought we were girls because of my pink bar tape. We shared dinner with them and talked through the early hours of the evening. After dinner, Brian and I sat around outside to watch the stars. We saw in total two shooting stars. Big Bend is supposed to be one of the darkest places in the US. They say half of the fun in the park happens after night falls. They were right. The sky was beautiful. I tried to take a picture so I could share it with you, but was unsuccessful.



I went to bed feeling worse than the night before.


Total miles hiked: 17.5

No comments:

Post a Comment