Friday, October 4, 2013

Day 49 - Alexandria, LA to DeRidder, LA

Sorry for the delay - again!

I wasn't feeling great this morning, but I was feeling somewhat better. I really wanted to get back on the road, though. At around 11:00, I hit the pavement.

It was really a beautiful ride. Who knew that northern Louisiana could look so much like the Adirondacks.


Here are a few pictures that I took because they reminded me of an old lake house that I used to go to when I was younger. The area also reminded me of the Adirondack National Park that I drove through when I was going to the Lake Placid Marathon. Thinking about it now makes me really want to return there. It was probably the most beautiful place I have ever been.

Like I said, here are a few pictures:







The long, open roads gave me a feeling that I was in a National Park. I was correct.



Lots of farm land around here.



I happened upon some construction. It was an all dirt road for a good 3 or 4 miles.



I thought it was a blast to ride on. My new tires held up quite well!



Pasture.



And cows.



And long, empty stretches of road. That pretty much sums up my day of travel.



All the pine around me gave off a wonderful smell. I was really enjoying myself, except for my sinus problem.



More cows. More pasture. I'm seeing a trend, and I like it.



The road sucked, but the view was great!



You would think they would have done something about this, being that it is a National Park.



Some more views of the open road!



And pasture!



I'm not sure if this was me trying to get a picture of the grade I was biking up, or if I'm a horrible photographer.



That sky looks promising. Ugh.



Look! A car!



I made my way to DeRidder and hung out at a Wendy's while I was trying to figure out my route for a couple of days. I had decided to camp out, and wander around the city like a homeless person for a day top kill some time before Brian flew into Austin. My mom and dad didn't like that idea so they made sure that I stayed at a motel.


Total mileage: 70

No comments:

Post a Comment