Monday, October 14, 2013

Day 59 - Wimberley, TX to Austin, TX

I lingered around Wimberley for a while with Melissa because she had the day off. I only had 40 miles to do so I decided that I would hang out until noon. She caught me up on the Sleepy Hollow episodes and even made me some lunch! It was approaching time to leave and I really did not feel like riding. Melissa offered to drive me halfway, and I gladly accepted. We must have been having a pretty intense conversation because the next thing we knew, we were 10 miles outside of Austin. What the heck, she said, and drove me the rest of the way. She left me at a hotel where I pedaled into town and managed to find Mellow Johnnies - Lance Armstrong's bike shop. They let me keep my bike inside while I wandered into town to find a bar and wait for Brian. Yes, you read that right, Brian was meeting me today in downtown Austin. His flight landed at 2:45 and we had planned to rendezvous at a sports pub near the bus drop off. Being that it was only 2:00 and he probably was not going to get there until 4:00, I made friends with the bar tender and had nearly every local beer that they had on tap - which was too many. Brian arrived on schedule and we hugged it out for a goof half hour. We chatted and made friends with people around us. I was having such a good time that I honestly can't remember most of the night after that. Chris, our friend who lives in Austin called on his way to pick us up so I had to fetch the bike. After avoiding traffic and making it back to the bar with my life, we loaded the bicycle onto Chris's car and drove ton his house. Here are some pictured that I must have felt were worthy of taking - though I don't remember why I took them.


Clouds, maybe? The skyline?



This one is obvious. Look at that sky!



After some minor traffic, we made a pit stop at Whole Foods to get some stuff to make dinner, baked ziti was on the menu. After having a few drinks and prepping dinner, Alicia, Chris's wife and also our friend from college, arrived home to the smell of a wonderful tofu-zucchini baked ziti that Brian and I (ahem, I mean Chris) had pieced together. Wine in hand, we dug into a very nice home cooked meal.

Afterwards, we played games and rejoiced in each other's company until Brian and I fell asleep on the couch. It was good to be with friends.

By the way, if any of you are interested in reading up on Brian's blog, his address is openmiles.blogspot.com

Total mileage: 3?

No comments:

Post a Comment