Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 68 - Brackettville, TX to Del Rio, Tx

Woke up to our lovely camp ground this morning. We were only going a short way - to Del Rio - so that we could spend some time getting things we'll need for the next few days. We took our time in the morning. Of course, my tire was flat when we woke up. My fenders were also filled with nasty Texas mud from the day before. I could barely roll my wheel.
 

 
After spending a while at the local gas station, removing the mud from my fenders and adjusting them a bit, we finally hit the road. Proof is below that we actually had a nice morning of riding ahead of us. Cold, but nice.
 


Just outside of Del Rio, we passed by Laughlin Air Base and got to see a bunch of jets doing landing drills. There were so many of them in the air.



I have about a thousand pictures of these planes doing drills, but you don't need to see all of them. Here, Brian is trying to point out one for all you folks.



Del Rio! With such a short ride, I think we only had to stop a few times so that I could re-inflate my tires.



We rolled into town and headed directly to the bike shop where I finally gave in and got Stan's No Tubes for my tires and a bunch of spare tubes. We then proceeded to the Post Office twice, the UPS store once, Wendy's for a baked potato and down to the library where we spent a good while updating our blogs. Next to the library. we found a fire department that was nice enough to let us camp out next to the station. After setting up camp, we walked over to the grocery store to stock up for the next few days. On the way there, we found some pumpkins!



We seriously entertained the idea of carving a pumpkin and sticking it to the front rack of my bike.

Before stopping at the grocery store, we had dinner at a local BBQ joint, which was quite tasty. At the store, we bought so much food in preparation for not really seeing anybody for a few nights. We filled en entire reusable bag full of groceries and even got a cheap pumpkin pie to share when we got back to camp.

Total mileage: 35

No comments:

Post a Comment